Author: Express Specialty Pharmacy
Date: July 29th, 2020
Phone Number: 833-797-9791
Initial steps to take when it comes to Hepatitis:
- Get educated about the illness.
- Understanding treatment options.
- Knowing how to live with your illness is key for living a healthier life.
- Eat a diet that minimizes stress to the liver, foods with low fats and high proteins.
- Exercise is important, but it must be safely done. Taking walks or swimming laps can be great, don’t overwork yourself.
- Stop drinking alcohol:
- Hepatitis affects the liver, so it is best to avoid putting more stress on the liver by drinking alcohol.
- Pay attention to your medications:
- Some medications can cause damage to your liver or can have bad side effects if you have liver issues.
- Practice safe sex and sanitation:
- Hepatitis can be spread through sex.
- Can also be spread through blood, so sharing razors or toothbrushes can also spread the disease.
- Eating healthy makes it easier for your liver to break down foods:
- Stay active, keep your weight in check, and keep your strength up by exercising.
- Utilize a strong and supportive social circle (other patients as well)
- Drink lots of water and stay hydrated:
- Drinking water can reduce the negative side effects of medications
- Get good sleep:
- Getting enough sleep helps maintain good health.
- Keep stress levels as low as possible, stress can hurt your immune system.
- Avoid focusing on how you contracted hepatitis or panicking about being diagnosed:
- Doing these things creates more stress which in turn makes a healthy lifestyle more difficult to maintain.
- Get screening:
- Because there are not many symptoms, it is important to get screened to catch the disease before it causes cirrhosis.
- Make sure to wash hands and properly sanitize after using the restroom as hepatitis can be spread through stool.